Alkaline Water 101
ZenWTR is considered an Alkaline Water with a pH of 9.5. To understand what that means and why it’s important, let’s go back to biology class with a refresher on the pH scale.
Some Helpful Facts:
- pH is a measure of the acidity or alkalinity of various substances, including our body’s fluids and tissues
- The acidity or alkalinity of different solutions, including our blood, is indicated on the pH scale ranging from 0 (totally acidic) to 14 (totally base or “alkaline”)
- Our bodies are healthiest when we’re at a pH of approximately 7.4 pH1
- An increase in acid, believed to be caused by a diet high in acidic foods and beverages lower in pH, may overwhelm the body’s acid-base control systems, causing the body to tend toward acidity2
- Consuming alkaline foods and beverages that are higher on the pH scale may help regulate and pull your body out of an acidic state, helping to avoid several health issues. Early evidence2,3,4 indicates that a diet high in alkaline foods/ low in acid-producing foods could help to:
- prevent kidney stones
- keep bones and muscles strong
- improve heart health and brain function
- boost the immune system
- reduce lower back pain
- lower risk for type 2 diabetes
- aid in digestion
If you have any questions or are seeking more information on our alkaline water, feel free to contact us directly!